Overview: The Food Sales Associate’s primary responsibility is to sell food items by using MAGIC selling and providing service using product knowledge and sampling. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Demonstrate working knowledge of menu
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Follow area specific steps of service, deliver food and beverages in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Educate, sample, and serve customers craveable food products
- Produce and present freshly prepared products according to company and Health Department standards by following recipes or build sheets
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. CA and IL Applicants: A Food Handler’s certificate is required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.