If you live in Texas you know that the end of March doesn’t just mean spring, but rather summer-like weather. Our spring cleaning is dragging out the winter wardrobe and replacing with lighter wear because as we all know, spring doesn’t last too long before the heat sets in and with that heat comes pool parties and beach getaways. Grab your shades and flotation device and dive into the sexy swimwear trends for 2017 suitable for both paradise and the pool.
Halt in the Name of Swim
Don’t worry, we’re not going to get all “Supreme” on you but this is one trend that is both conservative and risqué in its own fashion. All hail the high-neck halter.
- Chevron High-Neck Halter in Geometric Print (GUESS)
- Cape Juby Macramé High Neck Halter Top in Magenta Madness (Aéropostale)
- Freya Sundance Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit in black (Nordstrom)
- LA Hearts Tropical Strappy Back Cropped Bikini Top (PacSun)
- Billabong Hippie Hooray Crochet Cropped Bikini Top (PacSun)
One-pieces are getting an upgrade this season and adding a little something on the side, which ironically is actually taking a little off. A well placed cut out accent can flatter the body while both revealing and concealing to your liking.
- Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit in white (J. Crew)
- Becca Siren Cropped Tankini in black (Belk)
- Becca Color Play One-Piece Swimsuit in Henna (Nordstrom)
- Ruffle Off-The-Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit in Pink Print (Hollister)
- Super Scoop One Piece Swimsuit in Maroon Lagoon (aerie by American Eagle)
- Triangular Cut-Out Bikini Top and Bottom in Denim Blue (H&M)
- LA Hearts Cutout Tropical Print One Piece Swimsuit (PacSun)
Make Rash Decisions
Take style to the sea with this new twist on the surfer style of rash guards. Don’t let your guard fool you; it’s performance meet style with mixed-one pieces and half-zip dresses.
- Abstract Cropped Rashguard in pink/multi (Forever 21)
- Bar III Monarchy Printed Rash Guard (Macy’s)
- PB Sport New Twist and Twin Rash Guard Cover Up in grey (Belk)
- Open-Mesh Swim Rash Guard in black (Forever 21)
- Long-Sleeve One-Piece in Baroque Blue White Mixed Stripe (J.Crew)
- Sleeveless Half-Zip Rash Guard Dress in Mare Navy Paisley (Tommy Bahama)
It’s time to party like it’s 1999 with one shoulder on and one shoulder off! Asymmetrical one shoulder tops and one pieces are coming back in full force. From ruffles, to mesh to floral patterns with strings this uneven style is evening the playing field in the pool.
- The Bikini Lab Bouquet Bikini Top in multi-color pink (Nordstrom)
- Ruffle Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit in navy (J.Crew)
- Floral One Shoulder Loop Strap One-Piece Swimsuit in Poppy Red (Tommy Bahama)
- Ruffle One-Shoulder Bikini in burgundy (Hollister)
- Miraclesuit Jena One-Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit in Black Tones (Nordstrom)
Wrap it Up
There was no string left unturned with this tied up trend. Straps are blowing up and we’re seeing more of this trend in laced siding of suits both one pieces and bikinis. This style is conservative while lending imagination to the eye. 2017 is sexy swimwear and anything that can help in a corset like fashion has my vote.
- High-Waisted Laced Bikini in nude (Forever 21)
- Becca Chakra Strappy Macramé One-Piece Swimsuit in multi-red (Macy’s)
- Kenneth Cole Desert Romance High Neck Top in Aquamarine (Belk)
- Bandeau Bikini Top and High Waisted Bottoms in green/patterned (H&M)
- Lace-Up One-Piece Swimsuit in olive (Forever 21)
- Hula Honey Tropical Splash High-Neck Bikini Top & Bottoms (Macy’s)
Tassel, No Hassel
Just when you thought swimsuits couldn’t get more stylish, we introduce tassels: the perfect swinging accessory for any beach party, day or night!
- Bandeau Top & Bikini Bottoms with Tassels in Light Taupe (H&M)
- Aerie Real Obsessed One Piece Crochet Swimsuit in white (American Eagle)
- Cut-Out Swimsuit in black and white/patterned (H&M)
- Vince Camuto Lace-Up One-Piece Swimsuit in green (Macy’s)
- Raisins Strapless Fringe Bikini Top & Cheeky Bottoms in blue (Macy’s)