The Support Team Associate is responsible for the Merchandising, Fulfillment and BOPS process as well as achieving sales plan by ensuring proper product placement and flow of new receipts. They create an enhanced shopping experience and support the selling process by leveraging relationship throughout the store in order to attend to the customer. Other operational duties include floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, and merchandising.
- Process merchandise to floor ready standards and assist the Support Team Lead with the placement of merchandise on the sales floor
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment (i.e. BOPs), and have the ability to qualify customer needs, figure out what’s right for them, and then get them in touch with the right associate, MBA, or Personal Shopper.
- Communicate issues to Manager and or Merchandise Team Lead
- Assist the Support Team Lead in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Process fulfillment orders to include; locating and picking merchandise for customer orders
- Assist in replenishing stock onto the sales floor
- Assist in the inventory process
- Assist in markdown process
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Process damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the merchandising function
- Place product to appeal to customer preference
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
- Be sensitive to the store’s needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
Language Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills:Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability:Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: This position requires constant moving and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. May have to reach above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: Possess strong merchandising skills. Possess vision and creativity. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours:Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends,and/or holidays.