The Receiving Associate is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpack merchandise from vendor boxes and remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Place sensors on goods according to MSS standards
- Hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the placement of merchandise received through shipment
- Collect cardboard boxes and trash and discard in the appropriate compacting receptacle
- Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Assist in replenishment of stock onto the sales floor
- Assist in inventory process
- Assist in markdown process
- Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Process damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function
- Daily hanger collection and sorting
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
- Be sensitive to store’s needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with peers and customers.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: This position requires heavy lifting, and constant moving and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. May have to reach above eye level.
Other skills: Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
Working Conditions: This position requires constant handling of heavy and/or bulky items as well as sharp items such as box cutters, sensors, tagging guns, and pins. May be required to operate machinery such as balers and compactors. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.