Cosmetic Beauty Advisor:
The Cosmetic Sales Associate is responsible for providing professional service to customers by selling and demonstrating cosmetics and related items, as well as contributing to the success contributing to the success of the department through achieving personal sales goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise according to customer service techniques and professional selling skills
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Explain and demonstrate use of cosmetics through actual application
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Alert Cosmetic Counter Manager or Cosmetic Sales Manager of inventory and other inaccuracies
- Attend product training classes and seminars
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events to maximize sales
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures
- Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
- Perform other duties as needed
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous selling experience is required, preferably in cosmetics.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other skills: Superior organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to build relationships and influence others. Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy’s, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49